Photo: Studio Baron Photo
Plan the wedding of your dreams at one of these absolutely beautiful wedding venues in Montreal. There’s surely something for every couple, bride and groom from near or from afar having a destination wedding in Montreal! As you can imagine, being in the wedding scene since 2005, we have worked at hundreds of wedding venues, churches, synagogues and reception halls in and outside of Montreal. We understand that it might be difficult when you don’t have a venue list to get started on your venue search, so here are some unique Montreal venues that aren’t your regular reception halls.
Photo: Studio Baron Photo
Old Montreal Wedding Venues with Character
- Hôtel William Gray – This hotel is modern, sleek & chic with a beautiful and stunning foyer that you can’t take enough pictures of no matter how many times you’ve been there. You can go luxury & modern with your wedding design or go garden and organic, either way this hotel venue will not disappoint, especially with their amazing staff to serve you. They’ve a big rooftop terrace with a beautiful view for your private wedding cocktail hour. They have a very small outdoor space for ceremony if you wish to have just your close family and friends attending.
- St-James Theater – This grandiose venue has 70ft stone walls, towering columns and marble floors just screams prestige. My favorite room is of course its original safe & vault from the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC).
- Crew Collective & Cafe – With 50ft ceilings, impressive stone archways and intricate details in the floors, this old Royal Bank of Canada venue is sure to impress. I personally love love love getting some work done in this co-working and collective space during the weekday.
- Vieux-Port Steakhouse – High ceilings and stately accented private dining rooms with brick and stone walls. The rooms are historical with lots of character but be aware that since there are lots of stairs and no elevator, your vendors will likely charge you extra for delivery, especially vendors with heavy equipment.
- Pointe-à-Callière – They have a 360 space that is a glass-walled room located on the roof of the museum. One of the most spectacular rooms in Old Montréal as it offers an unobstructed view of Old Montréal, the majestic St. Lawrence River, the Old Port, and downtown. You can hold your ceremony here and reception in their lobby.
- Fonderie Darling – A unique industrial space with high ceilings for something a little different than your regular venue
- Auberge Le Saint-Gabriel – The auberge has a few room options. If you like a barn wedding in the heart of Old Montreal, their barn-like space is perfect for you. My favorite hall is their Truteau Hall on the ground floor. Absolutely stunning with high ceilings and fireplace. The Auberge does not have elevators, so do take this into consideration if you have guests with mobility issues and hiring vendors who might charge extra fees to climb the stairs with their heavy equipment.
- Gare Viger – This historic Gare Berri train station was renovated into a perfect venue. It has industrial architecture with exposed pipes for the modern couple. Wonderful staff to work with.
- Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel – I absolutely love the cobble stone walls of their small reception room for intimate weddings and events that does not need other decorations but maybe a few uplighting to spice up the room and you’ll be set. There’s a terrace for cocktail hour with a covering in case it rains. The banquets team makes planning very easy. The only down side is that they do not allow music past 11pm.
- Hotel Gault – This boutique hotel has a magnificent 19th century facade with huge French windows but you’ll be taken by surprise by their minimalist interior designs. You can host an intimate wedding reception right in their lobby or library.
- Cirque Eloize – You know that any event space with a historical stone wall will turn out great! This circus school with high ceilings allows you to design, create and plan some out-of-the-box entertainment for your guests.
Montreal Venues in Downtown & Surroundings
- Maison Principal – An absolute historical gem. A luxurious, stunning and magical turn-key wedding & event venue like no other in Montreal. This is a venue you must see in person to feel the magic. The owner of this venue does not fool around, she really means business and she’s so down to earth.
- The Windsor Ballrooms – When this hotel was constructed, it symbolized Montreal’s growing prominence and wealth. With its 20ft high ceilings, this venue is absolutely charming and elegant.
- The Ritz-Carlton – The Oval Room is perfect for a fairytale wedding, it is luxury and elegant. They do have a Kosher menu.
- Le Westin – Modern big ballroom great for a large wedding guest list. Old Montreal is within steps away for beautiful wedding photos.
- Le Salon Richmond 1861 – a beautiful old church turned event space.
- Loft Hotel – This venue is modern, contemporary & tasteful with sleek designs and high ceilings. Friendly tip, check out their elevator. So in love.
- Marche Bonsecours – A Renaissance revival heritage building with enormous domed blank space to let your imagination go wild.
- Centre Mont Royal – My favourite part of this venue is their foyer for cocktails with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Golden Square Mile. They have a very big hall to accommodate a large guest list.
- Canvas Loft Montreal – This is my favourite small wedding venue to work at. Inside a 100-year-old loft, it is very close to Lachine Canal where you can have a covered outdoor ceremony. The owner is wonderful to work with.
- Le Crystal Reception – Perfectly located in Ville St. Laurent, this venue is modern and elegant. The staff are great to work with.
- Le Mount Stephen – This is a historic mansion built in the 1880’s with stunning neoclassic and contemporary architecture.
- Espace Paddock – Brand new, modern and award-winning venue for up to 800 guests.
- Rialto Theatre – Imagine saying “I do” on stage with all spotlights all on you with your closest family and friends in the audience watching as if they’re watching a huge Broadway production. This historical and iconic building houses a few halls with different characters to suit your needs.
- W Hotel – Love their Gallery room that’s contemporary, decorated minimally with beautiful paintings. Smaller rooms also available for a modern wedding.
- Omni Hotel – Where Celine Dion had her lavish wedding reception!
- Hotel 10 – Super contemporary with lots of culture and local artist’s artwork in their beautiful spaces.
- Hôtel Alt Montréal – This eco-friendly hotel chain has a location in Griffin Town and also one in the Quartier DIX30 with breathtaking views of Montreal and the Montérégie.
- InterContinental Hotel | La Ruelle des fortifications – The beautiful water fountain is an indoor-outdoor space with lots of natural lights in this open courtyard. A huge chandelier is lowered down when there’s a function in that space. Definitely a different experience for your guests. InterContinental also has different function rooms inside the hotel for other wedding options.
- Hotel Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile – High ceilings, simple lines with a piano!
- Loews Hôtel Vogue – Their largest ballroom has a vintage vibe while their smaller room is on the more modern side.
- Espace Les 7 Doigts – A clean, modern, blank canvas in a theater center.
- Espace Wilder – This is an urban-studio space with exposed brick walls and high ceilings. There’s a connecting theater space and a rooftop terrace.
- Théâtre Le Paradoxe – This impressive historical old theater has a beautiful stone facade, incredible architecture, exquisite stained glass, and amazing woodwork. Definitely a different experience for your guests.
Halls with Outdoor Wedding Ceremony in Montreal
- La Toundra – Located on Île Notre-Dame, this venue is absolutely beautiful with floor-to-ceiling windows surrounded by lots of trees and greenery. There’s a beautiful outdoor wedding space with a little bridge and pond and a wooden pergola perfect for your outdoor wedding ceremony and pictures.
- Jamaica Pavilion | Pavillon de la Jamaïque – Also on Île Notre-Dame, this pavilion dates back to Expo 67 and is located in a wooded area. It has two outdoor wedding ceremony options, by the water or in front of a beautiful grand willow tree surrounded by lots of green space.
- The Westbury Ballroom – An elegant and contemporary ballroom right on Decarie Boulevard with a big and beautiful terrace.
- L’Ambroisie & L’Espace Canal – The restaurant L’Ambroisie is beautifully decorated with Greco-Roman pillars and a Hollywood Art Deco bar, great for smaller events. L’Espace Canal is an industrial chic space with two outdoor ceremony options that’s right off the banks of the Lachine Canal.
- Montreal Science Center – They offer a few event spaces. Belvedere is one of them and it’s the perfect venue for your guests to enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of Old Montreal and the St. Lawrence throughout the afternoon & evening. They have beautiful large indoor halls with floor-to-ceiling windows, a large covered terrace and a rooftop that’s perfect for a beautiful outdoor ceremony. Especially great for fireworks nights.
- Fairmont Queen Elizabeth | L’Espace C2 – Contemporary decor in a beautiful hotel. They have many ballrooms as well as houses the huge L’Espace C2 on the 21st floor that overlooks all of Montreal.
- Jardin Royalmount – truly an indoor garden, this is definitely a one-of-a-kind venue in Montreal with a turnkey service. Must check out their 3D virtual tour!
- Navark – have your wedding on your own private island! It can host up to 250 guests with a boat that takes you there.
Photo: Ashley MacPhee Photography
- Château Ramezay – This historical chateau was built in the 18th century as a prestigious residence, it is the province’s oldest private history museum. Imagine dining with your group of intimate guests being surrounded by beautiful portraits of historical figures in a stunning and ornate decorated room. They also have a beautiful garden oasis possible for a small wedding ceremony to be held.
- Hotel Place d’Armes – A charming hotel that’s housed in four stunning 19th-century neoclassical buildings with the perfect blend of history and modernity. They have many room options depending on your style. My favorite is the rooms with original brick walls dating a few centuries back.
- Hotel Nelligan – This beautiful European-style hotel has classic stone and brick walls dating back over a century, offering signature, old-city style for your events. My favorite space is their foyer that’s absolutely stunning for wedding portraits and cocktail hour.
- Auberge du Vieux-port – Perfect for a small intimate wedding with a rooftop terrace for the ceremony and a small room with cobblestone walls to dance the nice away.
- Double Tree Hilton – Located in the heart of the entertainment district of Quartier des Spectacles, all their meeting rooms have contemporary designs and can hold up to 1000 guests in their biggest ballroom. Beautiful large private terrace for outdoor ceremony.
- Four Seasons Hotel – Modern and elegant with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Golden Square Mile.
- Rye – An old industrial building with a 25-foot high ceiling and a rooftop garden terrace that can host up to 700 guests.
Venues with Outdoor Wedding Ceremony Outside Montreal
- Le Pont Couvert – It’s exactly that! Imagine having a wedding on a covered bridge and saying “I do”. Some couples love their mismatched chairs or wooden benches and the venue also comes with linen options some decor options such as string lights.
- Auberge des Gallant – Beautiful landscapes and vast botanical gardens. It’s a traditional sugar shack but they have renovated a very modern reception hall.
- Chateau Vaudreuil – Gorgeous lakeside ceremony options. Their large Pavillon sur le Lac is a little more secluded from the rest of the hotel so there’s privacy for even a larger guest list.
- Pointe-du-Moulin – Such a beautiful outdoor spot to get married in front of a windmill (without any of its blades anymore – but still a pretty location regardless). Their reception space has three transparent walls that can be opened up when the weather is gorgeous out.
- Le Café de l’Horloge – Charming little old Post Office turned intimate venue with outdoor space for ceremony & reception by the river.
- Mouton Village – Best homemade food with ingredients fresh from the farm, def something different.
- Manoir Hovey – This historic manor is located in the forest by the lakeside with beautiful scenery all around.
- Sucrerie de la Montagne – Charming venue of a traditional sugar shack in Rigaud.
- Jude Pomme – Located in the Laurentians in an orchard with a bohemian chic country atmosphere.
- Au Jardin D’Emmanuel – This orchard-vineyard has a large covered terrace with a gazebo and heated patios with a barn coming very soon to host weddings and events all year round.
- La Bullerie – Beautiful vineyard property in the country with an outdoor marquee.
- Vineyard Domaine Du Ridge – charming and enchanted outdoor wedding ceremony & reception
- Coteau Rougemont – 3 room/tent options for your vineyard wedding with turnkey service
- Hotel & Spa Mont Gabriel – Absolutely breathtaking view of the valley serves as a gorgeous backdrop to a top-of-the-Laurentians outdoor wedding ceremony.
- The Forest and Stream Club – Old-style traditional manor with ivy-covered walls. Gorgeous large outdoor space with panoramic waterfront views perfect for outdoor ceremony. A tented wedding on these grounds is also lovely in the summertime.
- Le Château Taillefer Lafon – Charming outdoor ceremony location in an exquisite manor of the vineyards. Great for weddings under 90 guests.
- Fourquet-Fourchette – Beautiful terrace and river-front lawn for a beautiful outdoor ceremony and cocktails. Its main reception room has domed ceiling, decorated with antiques and ornaments reminiscent to the brewing traditions and native culture of Quebec.
- Estérel Resort – This resort is modern yet with a spirit of nature. Imagine exchanging wedding vows right by the lakeside with a calming view.
- Alibi Barn – Intimate, charming, rustic barn in Hudson (outdoor patio for cocktails)
Restaurant Weddings in Montreal
- Ristorante Beatrice – For a chic and elegant upscale Italian wedding. This restaurant is known for its greenery wall & candles and its terrace with a retractable roof. It is perfect for an upscale summer wedding in the heart of Montreal
- 40Westt – host your intimate wedding in a private charming room or take up the whole restaurant! This Steakhouse is perfect for a West Island wedding
- Portus 360 – a wedding in a revolving restaurant with a view? Yes please!
- Jatoba Restaurant – Beautiful solarium, it’s like an indoor garden all year round with a Japanese menu for an interesting wedding twist
- Le Richmond – Another lovely indoor garden option for your wedding
- Ferreira Cafe – a versatile and intimate space in the heart of downtown Montreal
Golf & Country Club Weddings in or Around Montreal
- Elm Ridge Golf & Country Club – With a separate entrance for your wedding guests, this country club has a beautiful and elegant rustic charm with a beautiful stone wall in its main hall.
- Club De Golf Le Mirage – Stunning reception space with modern decor and large windows with exposed wood and brick walls to create a rustic feel.
- Golf Exécutif Montréal – Very innovative and contemporary design with 100% plant-based menu for vegan lovers! I was lucky to have first-hand experience with their food. It was delish and I ain’t no vegan!
- Golf Saint-Raphael – Beautiful waterfalls, gardens, and terrace for cocktails.
- Golf de l’ile de Montreal – The reception room has floor-to-ceiling windows with the waterfall as the backdrop (in summertime) to a romantic wedding reception.
- Wind Mill Heights Golf Club – Elegant and spacious clubhouse.
- Chapiteau Le Monarque & Chapiteau La Marquise – Tented wedding receptions located on a beautiful golf course.
Hope this is a helpful list to help you get started on your wedding venue search! Do not hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance! Happy planning!